OH MY GOOD GOSH THIS TOOK SOO LONG. Somewhere between 13-15 hours, at least 50 layers (finished pic had 26), and this isn't even half of the characters! HOLY MOLY.
It was worth it though.
So pretty. I love this new style. It's only a slight change, but it looks so cool! And the coloring technique I used took forever. First I thought I was done when I just used the watercolor tool, but it wasn't dark enough. So I put a layer on multiply over it, and that looks much cooler than I would have initially thought.
Other than some minor anatomical mistakes and the like, I think this is the best I've ever done.